Terms & Conditions
Know before you agree
- Acceptance of T & C's
- Our services
- Your responsibility
- Price delivery
- Our liability to you
- Third party links
- Complaint & Feedback
- Website content
- Intellectual property rights
- Commercial use
- Content disclaimer
- Contacting us
Set out below are important points for you to note when using our website. These summary points are for your reference only. We recommend you read all of our Terms and Conditions to ensure you are happy with them.
- You may only use our website if you are a Nigerian resident and for your own personal use or, if you are a business user, for legitimate business price comparison purposes.
- Our comparison services are free to use. If you purchase a product or service via a third party through our website, we will receive a fee or commission from the provider.
- You are solely responsible for answering all questions honestly, completely and to the best of your knowledge, and also for ensuring that any assumptions are correct. Failure to do so may lead to your policy or product being declared invalid or increase in its cost. You may also be liable for any third party costs in the event of an accident.
- You are solely responsible to ensure that any product or service you purchase meets your needs.
Who are we?
“website” means any mobile applications or similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of Africompare.com.
“you” and “your” means the person who accesses and uses our website.
Africompare.com is not a broker - we are a price comparison service that can be used to find out whether you could save money on a range of insurance or other services or products. We currently compare prices for cars, financial products for loans and many more products.
Our website and price comparison technology has been designed to allow private individuals or businesses seeking products on their own behalf to find the most competitive prices from the leading Nigeria product and service providers online. Therefore, you may only use our service if you are:
- A private individual wanting to use our website and price comparison technology to find competitive prices for a product or service on your own behalf and/or on behalf of a close family member; or
- Acting on behalf of a company wanting to use our website and price comparison technology to find competitive prices a product or service on behalf of the company; and
- Not involved in any way in searching for insurance, financial services or any other products listed on our website, as a business.
In order to get a quote through our price comparison service, you will need to answer a number of questions on our site needed by all the different product or service providers and any intermediaries they may use. The answers you give will determine the products or services available to you and the amount you will pay. You must get permission from any other people whose details you propose to use in requesting a quote, before you provide us with any of their information. This applies to all information that you provide, but especially sensitive data like contact details and health information. In submitting any other person's details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so, and that they understand how their information will be used.
You are solely responsible to ensure that you answer all questions honestly and that all information you enter onto Africompare.com is true, accurate and complete. If you do not do this, it could lead to your selected product later increasing in price, becoming invalid or claims not being paid. We cannot be held responsible if this happens.
As we work with a large number of providers it is important that you read the provider’s terms and conditions, and that you agree with them before purchasing your product or service as they will differ to ours. Once you have purchased a product, it is important that you check your details match those you provided to us. You should also read all documents issued to you by your selected provider and ensure that you are aware of any levels of cover, financial limits and any other terms that apply. If any information is not correct, it is your responsibility to identify the mistake and correct this with the provider directly.
Please read the following information carefully as we include some limits and exclusions of our liability to you.
These terms do not exclude our liability to you in any way for: personal injury or death caused by our negligence; fraud or fraudulent statements made by one of our employees or agents for or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability. In addition, we are only liable for losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking this contract. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your information is inputted onto our website. We will not be held responsible for any indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage which you suffer and which are not foreseeable by you and us at the time we enter into this contract, including, but not limited to: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of data; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings or waste of management or office time however arising, provided that this provision will not prevent you from bringing claims against us for loss of or damage to your physical property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
In no circumstance will we be responsible for any losses which arise in connection with an event or series of events which is/are outside of our reasonable control.
You can link to other websites by means of hyperlinks published on this website or emailed to you as part of our service. These websites are owned and operated by third parties. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or may be accessible through third party websites, as this is outside our control.
Our aim is at all times to provide a first class standard of service. However, there may be occasions when you feel we may have not achieved this. If we fall short of our own high standards, then we want you to tell us!
We have taken every reasonable step to make sure the information contained in this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, we can accept no liability for any errors or omissions. We reserve the right to add, amend or delete information from this site at any time. Whilst we take every reasonable step to counteract viruses and other things with contaminating or destructive properties, we can give no warranty that this site and its content are free from viruses or anything else that has such contaminating or destructive properties.
We are not responsible for any commentary, opinions, ratings or other postings on our website by any third party.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Any logos, trade marks, service marks and domain names and all related intellectual property rights, of the companies whose sites we search in providing the service, belong to those companies, and you may not reproduce them without their prior written consent. Except for them, all intellectual property rights including, without limitation, all logos, trade marks, service marks, domain names, database rights, rights in design, rights in know-how, patents and rights in inventions (in all cases whether registered or unregistered and including all rights to apply for registration) and all other intellectual or industrial property rights in any jurisdiction in any information, content, materials, data or processes contained in or underlying this website and/or the service we provide belong to Africompare.com Limited.
All rights of Africompare.com Limited in such intellectual property rights are hereby reserved.
This website is for non-commercial use, meaning it is only for personal use or for use by a business to seek a product directly for that business only. Unauthorised commercial or bulk use may slow down the speed of the service we can provide for our customers. We will monitor the use of our services. If we detect commercial or bulk usage before we have sent the results of our search, we may abort the search. In any event, we reserve the right to take action against those using our service in an unauthorised way, to prevent disruption of our service to genuine customers, and to recover any losses we suffer.
Africompare.com does not control, nor is it in any way liable for, data or content that you access or receive via the service. You accept that we are not responsible for restricting access to data or content that may offend or upset you.
Africompare.com is not responsible for managing or screening any data or content sent or received while using the service.
The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Africompare.com Limited. Any private individual may print off a copy of any part of this material for their own personal use, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may not be used for any commercial purposes;
- The copy must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- The technology or processes utilised by or described in this website may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by Africompare.com Limited (on which see the section headed "Intellectual Property Rights" below);
- Images on this website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s)
- No logos, trade marks or service marks appearing on the site may be printed off or copied, except as part of the text of which they form part.